Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Christmas Update!



I do apologize to my sweet friends who have visited our blog time and time again only to find the same things.  Josh and I just spent the sweetest evening as a family and it made me think of how I needed  to update all of you on what's going on in our lives these days.

Ava Grace turned one almost a month ago and she's such a blessing to us.  She is loving just as we prayed for but it is ALWAYS on HER terms.  She is growing well according to her pediatrician.  She'll follow in her Daddy's footsteps and be tall, skinny with a large head.  (We won't tell her so that she doesn't develop a complex or anything)

Kate just turned three a week ago.  She is so articulate and loves to dance, read, and play dress up. She has asked for Sleeping Beauty from Santa and a microphone.  She's still a little leary of him, but she's warming up slowly.

Josh is working hard as usual.  He is staying busy helping out around the house too.  With all three of his girls Birthdays within a month of each other, he has had to stay on his toes.  He is still at Little Mountain Baptist Church, and yes I am his wife, but lately God has really led him to preach some amazing sermons.  OH, and he celebrated his birthday in November too!

My birthday is quickly approaching and I will be the sassy 30 this year!  I am busy being mom, but I love it so much.  I have started to tutor students after school and have found a new favorite occupation.  I am also very busy with AWANA at our church.  I am the commander and Trek leader in AWANA which is a new children's program at our church.  God has been so good!  We have (children and workers) anywhere between 40 - 50 people just in AWANA on Sunday nights.  Thank you LORD!!!!

I had planned to send out a newsletter as a Christmas Card, but Josh reminded me of the newfangled internet :) and how I should utilize it!  So to all of you in different countries, states, and cities that we love so dearly.....Merry Christmas.  Amidst all of this craziness of a "poor" economy, bailout talks, and going green.......  We know that we serve a risen Savior and celebrate with you the birth of sweet Jesus.

Love in HIM,
The Phillips

2 comments:

Tara said...

Yeah!!!! An update from the Phillips! I love this picture of you all too! How precious:)

Sounds like you are all doing well and staying very busy- I sure would love to catch up on the phone sometime too! (But I don't have your number anymore- It was stored in my cell and my cell died! Aagh!) Will you call or email me with it?

Love you friend! So good to see an update from you:) Miss you and happy 30th birthday!

Pam said...

So excited to click on the "Phillips blog page" and see something besides "pink ice cream." Andy wondered what my excitement was all about from the other room! hehehe!

You all look wonderful!! So glad to hear that everyone is doing so well! Your girls are just precious.

Miss you and thought of you a lot this fall with the pumpkin butterscotch muffins!!